Parramatta is a city of big thinkers, full of ambition who aren’t afraid to tell a new story about their city. They deserve a platform from which to share the many great stories about the city and invite people from outside to come and experience for themselves why Parramatta is truly ‘Where it’s AT’.
Delivering a bold vision for Parramatta
Over the next five years, Parramatta will realise $20 billion dollars in public and private investments and move towards our vision of a sustainable, liveable and productive city. Our partners are committed to realising this vision of the city and are invested in Parramatta’s success as the centre of global Sydney.
City of Parramatta has developed two pilot Alliances which commenced in late 2020.
- Educate AT, focuses on the higher education sector, centred around positioning Parramatta as a destination for excellence in Education
- Parramatta Square Alliance aims to create a collaborative model for key stakeholders within the Parramatta Square Precinct to promote and position it as the central destination of Parramatta CBD.
Educate AT Alliance
The City of Parramatta is set to become a global destination for educational excellence thanks to a new Australian-first alliance of government and top universities.
Alliance members will develop a range of projects to:
- position Parramatta as a destination for educational excellence;
- advocate for more affordable student accommodation and better transport options;
- link students with industry;
- and improve the City’s liveability and sustainability.
Alliance members are
- Western Sydney University;
- Swinburne University;
- University of Sydney;
- University of New South Wales.
- Western Sydney Local Health District (which includes a major University campus on site); and
- The Greater Sydney Commission
Parramatta Square Alliance
City of Parramatta Council has brought together Parramatta Square’s landowners and tenants in a powerful alliance to cement the $2.7 billion hub as the beating heart of the Parramatta CBD.
Alliance members will deliver initiatives to make the Parramatta Square public domain a welcoming, safe and seamless space for workers, students, residents and visitors. This includes:
- activating the precinct during the day and night through a vibrant events program;
- using technical innovation to improve the experience for people in the Square; and
- ensuring a precinct approach towards greater sustainability.
Council will be managing the Square’s public domain and will also be delivering the refurbished Town Hall and 5 Parramatta Square, a $130 million community, cultural and civic building featuring a state-of-the-art library, creative and community spaces and new Council Chambers.
Council has also commissioned two eight-metre-tall public artworks which are uniquely Parramatta to take pride of place in the new Square in 2022. These include Claire Healy and Sean Cordeiro’s A Place of Eels and Reko Rennie’s Where Eels Lie Down.
Alliance Members are:
- Walker Corp;
- Charter Hall
- Dept Customer Service;
- Department of Industry & Environment;
- Western Sydney University;
- AREF (owners of the Sydney Water building); and
- Sydney Water.