City of Parramatta welcomes submissions from the community on local events happening within the Parramatta Local Government Area (LGA) to be promoted on Discover Parramatta, Council’s city marketing platform.
Local events promoted on Discover Parramatta must meet the following requirements:
- Be open to the general public.
- Appeal to a wide audience.
- Held within the Parramatta LGA (or very close proximity).
- Contain all relevant information, including, date, time and location.
- Be free of a political agenda.
- Not gratuitously advertise a business or commercial activity.
- Contribute to a positive perception of Parramatta as a place to live, work, study and play.
- Inspire people to visit and explore the City and LGA by engaging locals and visitors from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Engender community pride.
- Represent the community accurately.
- Not intend to provoke, disrupt, or attack members/segments of the community.
- Not promote activities which could endanger the safety or wellbeing of the community.
- Be original and lawful (includes no breaches of copyright or defamation)
Approval of Event Submissions
- All event submissions are subject to review, edit and approval by City of Parramatta’s Digital Marketing Team, which reserves the right to determine the suitability of all submissions.
- The publication / promotion of any event is not guaranteed and is at the discretion of City of Parramatta’s Digital Marketing Team.
- Any edits made to an approved event submission by the Digital Marketing Team will be in the interests of clarity, consistency or to meet Accessibility guidelines.
- City of Parramatta is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate information for publicly submitted events.
- Publication / promotion of any event does not necessarily mean that City of Parramatta endorses the event or event organiser.
- Regular activities/programs, such as weekly classes, workshops, seminars or courses, will not be included on the events calendar. They are considered as Community activities, not Events.
If you have any questions or queries, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
All the best with your event.