weekly - Tuesday
Newington Armory, Jamieson Street, Sydney Olympic Park, 2127
Mini Park Rangers Term 1 2023
Mini Park Rangers are invited to join the Park Rangers at Sydney Olympic Park for stories, song, games and exploration in our Parklands.
Mini Park Rangers enjoy a new theme or story each week. Our program aims to provide opportunities for discovery, creativity, problem-solving, and questioning with a focus on our Parklands, our environment, and how we interact with the world around us.
We aspire to explore the sights, scents, sounds and textures of our Parklands, accompanied by stories and rhymes with important take home messages.
Participants will be given opportunities for play, enquiry and investigation in a fun environment.
Term 1 Outline
Week 1 (31st January) - Wonderful Wetlands
Week 2 (7th February) - Reptiles
Week 3 (14th February) - Time travels in the Armory
Week 4 (21st February) - Incredible Insects
Week 5 (28th February) - Keeping Australia Clean
Week 6 (7th March) - Possum Magic
Week 7 (14th March) - Nature Craft
Week 8 (21st March) - Cultural Dreaming with Aunty Kim
Week 9 (28th March) - Fantastic Frogs
Week 10 (4th April) - Eggscellent Eggs
Early Bird Term Pass (booked in for all 10 weeks): $100 - Only available for purchase up until the 30th of January
Casual Visit (per single session): $12 - Only available to purchase from the 30th of January (once all Term Passes have been finalised)
Term 1, 2023 will be located at the Armory Visitor Centre at Newington Armory. The Park Rangers will meet at the Armory Visitor Centre. If you have any issues locating the Park Rangers please call on 0408864798.
Parking is available in the Blaxland Riverside Carpark.
- Sessions are recommended for children 3-5 years of age.
- Parents & carers are required to supervise their children.
- All participants require a ticket. Adults and children over 12 months must be registered.
- Mini Park Rangers is an outdoor program and will take place in all weather conditions except in extreme weather conditions. Notice will be given prior to cancellations.
- Participants are expected to dress for the weather conditions.
- Sessions are in high demand, so if you are unable to attend please cancel your tickets via Eventbrite, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please bring your own picnic rug or blanket to sit on.
Bookings and Cancellation Policy
- Fees are payable upon booking and refundable if the program is cancelled by The Visitor Programs Team.
- Bookings for Mini Park Ranger activities are accepted on a "first come, first serve" basis and spaces are limited.
- It is the responsibility of the attendee to check their availability and number of tickets purchased prior to completing their booking.
- The Visitor Programs Team reserves the right to cancel any program and in such cases will notify participants directly, prior to the activity.
- Cancellations and refunds for Casual Visit Passes are only considered for participants who have provided minimum 24 hours about the inability to attend the session.
- Term Passes are purchased for the term originally booked for and tickets are non-transferrable if certain sessions are unable to be attended by the attendee.